18.11.2018

November 18, 2018

Hello Everyone


Busy. The state in which we all say we're in, every day, week and month. What we set our WhatsApp statues to. The action that stops us from slowing down to take in the air, people and moment around us. 

Today I visited the local park close to my house, not because I had 'free time', but because I pencilled it into my diary (I actually typed it into my digital diary instead, but let's not talk about that). I think that in recent years we've all become so busy and are constantly looking at screens and taking information in, that we actually take our surroundings for granted. So we seldom stop to smell the flowers, or in this case, hear the leaves crunch. Sometimes it's nice to just switch off, not look at anything technological, and just take in the natural world, rather than the one we created.

Have you even been able to stop and see that the seasons have changed over? 

So I asked myself this same questions recently, and I've instead made the decision to visit some type of greenery for about 3-5hrs every week. Yes, it may not seem like a lot, but it's all we need to keep us going. Plus, it's just beautiful!


Millie xx


Further Reading:
Dr. Qing Li's (2018) Shinrin-Yoku: The Art and Science of Forest Medicine


What I Was Listening To Whilst Making This Post
Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love



All images are my own

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3