JAPAN | Day 1

March 23, 2019

Hello Everyone


2019 certainly has been a hectic year, capturing most of not only my energy but also my free time. So far I have met 3 deadlines at university, travelled to another continent and am still currently in the process of finishing my final project at university. Busy to say in the least. However, after a temporary halt to the blog, I definitely wanted to explain my whereabouts.

I am not really one to celebrate birthdays as I believe that they are just another day of the year. However, for my final celebration, I wanted to celebrate my 21st birthday in a rather large way. So I booked tickets for 1 to one of my favourite countries. Japan.

Japan is a country of many traits. Famed for its technology, bullet trains and sushi, but I find that it is a country that is indefinitely relaxed in a multitude of areas, from the countless shrines and temples in Kyoto, to the silence of Nagoya Castle. It is a country that feels like home to many people. When leaving the plane, and walking through Haneda airport in Tokyo, I felt as though I had visited the country before. And when taking all of the previous countries that I have visited into consideration, I had never experienced such emotions before. Did someone say future home?

One of the things on my Japan To-Do list was to stay inside a capsule hotel. Many people do not seem to agree with the idea of sleeping in a very confined space, however, there are more capsule hotels around Tokyo than any of us care to realise. Despite being made available due to the need to save space in Tokyo and the fact that many people who miss their last train need somewhere to sleep, capsule hotels are extremely comfortable and I recommend them to any and everyone who intends to visit the country.
Japanese cuisine is known for always containing fish (which is near enough true), but I think few know how amazing their vegetarian options are! My favourite Japanese meal has to 1000% be vegetable curry as it tastes nothing like Indian curry, and Japan has found a way to make this curried dish their own. Perfect on a winter, autumn or spring day, vegetable curry tastes best with a beautiful view of nature. Again, something that Japan has no shortage of.
Going to Japan during the month of February meant that it was extremely close to the beginning of spring, and even though I wasn't able to see the falling of the cherry blossoms, I was still able to see the buds beginning to bloom which I thought was just as special. 
I have a huge belief that after speaking certain things into the universe, they begin to manifest into something real (alongside hard work and actually executing a plan). So when I say that I will visit Japan again one day, I know that it will come true because I will make it happen!

Stick around for more posts about Japan in the future~

Millie xx


What I was listening to whilst making this post
Spitz - Robinson


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3