Ways To Feel Better During Your Period

April 24, 2016




I was recently inspired by someone's blog post (read here) and I thought about how many bloggers mainly talk about the things aren't majorly important sometimes. For example, fashion week or their dog, such they're nice to read about but they don't always help you in times of need. So I decided to write up this blog post on ways to feel better during your period.


1. Exercise lightly
Okay I know that this sounds like a crazy piece of advice, but for any of you 'gym junkies' out there (including me) and you still want to exercise, I'd suggest to do something that requires less running around and maybe more sitting down, for example working on arms, legs or abs... But hey, be my guest, if you want to do a full body workout, go ahead! GIRL POWER!

2. Eating things that make you feel better
Yeah I know, you shouldn't eating junk food, but obviously periods don't make us feel like we can compete in the Olympics, take on a lion in a fight, or even stand up sometimes, so I think it's okay once a month to eat something naughty, whether it be sweets, burgers or a whole Easter egg.

3. Take a deep breath
I know for me, this definitely works. because with me being your typical girl on her period, I get very angry randomly, so knowing full well that it's down to hormones and not just a short fuse, taking a breath definitely helps me to recoup and realise that I'm being an idiot and crying over the fact that I have to make my bed.

4. Hot Water Bottles/ Hot Drinks/ Warm blankets
Everyone knows that cramps can be a bitch, more than a frequently flowing gift every month, and I find that by cuddling up to something warm definitely relieves some of the pain, if not all of it. Whilst also making you toasty and incredibly comfortable.




Millie xx
p.s What do you do to maker yourself feel better during your period?




What I was listening to whilst making this:-
L7 - Pretend We're Dead






You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Great tips. I will be sure to share with my wife. Check out our latest blog post on how to choose colors when it comes to eyewear and makeup. Thanks for sharing and have an amazing day.

    Eye See Euphoria | http://blog.eyeseeeuphoria.com/2016/04/25/makeup-for-glasses-choosing-colors/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots and lots of water for sure!

    ❤︎
    Dakota D.
    http://fannypacksandvisors.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great tips!

    XO, Jessi
    http://www.mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sharing dear...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  5. exercising while you're on your period is always super good
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I don't want anything to stop me x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3