Dream Dressing Room | Arhaus

April 07, 2017

Hej Everyone!

Seeing as I'm in still in the process of doing up/ converting my room, I thought I'd share with you an inspirational moodboard as it is sure to give you all an insight as to the type of environment/feel that I want within the space.

I added in an essence of plant life, as the plants would be sure to make me cleansed/ refreshed when applying make-up or getting ready during the day and or night. The beautiful seating, features one of my favourite materials... Wood. Wood is definitely one of the materials that instantly makes anyone feel relaxed and at ease, and what better emotions to experience than when in your dressing room?

As for the lighting, I would love for it to be a mixture of both relaxing (Ambient Lighting) and lighting directed to a specific spot (Task Lighting).. as make-up is a necessity of course! The lighting  that I picked was this gorgeous pendant lighting from Arhaus. They have truly gorgeous lighting and the good thing is that it works well in more than one room, for example, bedrooms, living rooms and anywhere else in the home that you can imagine.

Seeing as I would be going for the relaxed route, I thought I'd add in this woven basket from MUJI, as it goes well with the chair and all of the other earthy tones. As for the main aspect of the dressing room.... the mirror, I picked out this absolutely gorgeous round mirror from my favourite collection at IKEA. The Stockholm Collection. The mirror would definitely bring the dressing room to live, but what better way to finish it off, than with these beautiful and minimal candles from Arhaus.


And there we have it, my interpretation of my 'Dream Dressing Room', I hope you all liked it and if so, don't forget to leave a comment below! I wish you all an amazing end to the week!x




Millie xx


What I was listening to whilst making this post
Lully - Slow D's




Plant Pin - PINTEREST | SPATHIPHYLLUM Plant - IKEA | STOCKHOLM Round Mirror - IKEA | AGEN Chair - IKEA | Pendant Lighting - ARHAUS | Rattan Basket - MUJI | Grey Candles - ARHAUS

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. It sounds like your dressing room is going to turn out amazingly! I'm so excited to see the final product! :)

    XO Jessi,
    http://www.mywhitet.com/lagence-giveaway/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessi, I cannot wait to share once it's finished xx

      Delete
  2. Aww thanks so much babe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Inspiring :)

    Federica Di Nardo
    http://federicadinardo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The room is totally inspiring!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh wish I had a dressing room like this

    http://www.aryachic.com/vintage-shopping-vintage-wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, me too! Thanks for stopping by babe x

      Delete
  6. love this post!
    xx, tl
    https://zimmylifestyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3