3 Ways to de-stress

January 24, 2016



January is nearly finished and February is soon on her way (don't know why I see it as a woman) and I was thinking to myself, my 18th birthday is nearly here, which means party planning and excessive amounts of university interviews and auditions. The stress on my shoulders is slowly but surely building up, and I'm torn between either giving up and just sitting in my bedroom for the next 3 years, or whether to keep going so I can become a better person on the other side. So I thought that it'd be very necessary to make a post that I can reflect on as well as helping out my readers :)

1. Take time and breathe
First things first, that feeling of being overwhelming isn't very appealing. It's the equivalent to have a mixture of knots and real life butterflies in your stomach, and let me tell you, it's not nice. The major step is taking time out of everyday reality and relaxing, whether it be drawing yourself a nice bubble bath, doing a yoga class, listening to music, or literally nothing. Just pick whatever calms you right down and enjoy it.

2. Write everything down
This to me is a helpful step, mainly because without writing anything down, you'll be left feeling that you have to complete more work than there actually is. So take a notebook and write down how you much you need to complete, any deadlines and anything extra that needs doing (trust me, it helps)

3. Execute
Finally, the most important step is beginning anything that needs doing (The things that are written down) because there's no point in sitting there and complaining about how large your workload is, but instead you should just start, because the faster you start, the quicker it finishes. 


Hope this was helpful guys.
p.s if listening to music helps calm you down (like it does for me) check out my soundcloud, as I have multiple playlists for relaxing here


Millie xx



What I was listening whilst making this post:-
Lorde - White Teeth Teens



You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Definitely write everything down! Great blog post luv.

    XO, Jessi
    mywhiteT.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great words! I'll definitely keep it all in mind, especially with my new uni semester just around the corner
    xx
    www.insidein-insideout.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and I agree, I need to remember the same things as I'm in the same position :) x

      Delete
  3. great post :)
    please follow my blog : THE COLORFUL THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3