What To Do When You Start Second Guessing

June 17, 2016


Hello guys, thought I'd offer some advice, because it feels like its been a while...

Recently me and my friend Kerena (check out her blog here) were having a heart-to-heart and the conversation took a shift, into the dark place that no-one ever wants to visit.... 'Second Guessing'. The all important question was, 'Have I made the right choice?'. Bearing in mind, we were both talking about the university courses that we have picked to start in september (I've picked Interior Design, and Kerena's picked Photography). So I then began to think of the many ways that you can prove that you've made the 'right' choice.

gut feelingDo get that weird butterfly feeling when you being to consider the future after having made this decision. Many people do things based on a hunch/gut feeling, and for many people that is a good enough reason to go for something. Does this decision match what you believe in/ what your morals are? Do they show people who you really are? For me personally, to be able to look to the future and actually be able to say that I'm an Interior Designer, brings an immediate smile to my face, and I know that its what I would love to do with my life, as the thought of doing it outside work doesn't seem like a burden.

get comfortable with mistakes - Sure, everybody likes getting things right first time, but sometimes there are things in life that we have no control over, or have no say in, or sometimes we just plain pick the wrong choice, and its definitely okay to make some mistakes. Because in the long term you can learn from these mistakes, give wisdom to someone else and advise them to not do the same mistake that you made. If everyone lived their lives in fear of committing mistakes, then we'd never grow or become a better people.

you've weighed out the possible outcomes - Yes, there are definitely positives and negatives to each situation in life, but for you and this particular decision, does the good outweigh the bad? If so it's definitely worth the hassle and the consequences can be dealt with later. 

you can sleep easily - When people say that usual 'sleep on it' phrase, have you ever slept on it and still though it was the right decision? Thus meaning that its definitely meant to be, also if you've already made your decision, can you sleep easily? Your body is a huge indicator of telling you whats right and wrong, and if you can sleep at ease, evidently it was the right thing to do.



Millie xx





What I was listening to whilst making this post
Mary J. Blige - Be Without You







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. It's taken a while for me to learn, but normally, my gut instinct is right and fighting it is far from healthy

    secret-hipster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3