How To Match Different Denim

March 19, 2017

Hello Everyone, I hope you've all enjoyed your weekend and I hope next week brings amazing things your way! Recently I've been in the best moods, and I believe it is down to the fact that Spring is finally here. Meaning more sun, less chill in the air and one more term at uni is closely ending! So seeing as I'm this cheerful, I wanted to offer you all some advice that I, myself follow when it comes to styling 'Denim on Denim'. 


1. Go for similar colours
I'd definitely say that an outfit complete with multiple denim of similar colours, has to definitely be one of my favourite looks ever. Paired with a good pair of boots and the correct attitude and this denim on denim look can instantly make you seem more formal and sexy! The similar colours go hand in hand and make for the perfect spring look.
2. Go for opposing colours
Similar to what I achieved above, why not opt for contrasting denim shades instead of going through the battle of trying to find denims that are a close match in colour? Another reason why I love my outfit pictured above, is because the black denim jacket is soo harsh against the white shirt, but the denim jeans soothe the outfit and tone it down!
3. Mix up styles
By styles, I'm talking about actual clothing items. Be it a skirt, jeans, a dress... GO AHEAD and mix it up!! There is no better feeling than bending the rules and going against the grain. For example a  black denim jacket would look cute against a blue denim dress, or denim jeans would look great with a denim backpack! Sure, I may have played it safe above, with pairing a denim jacket with denim jeans, but take it further... I dare you!

4. If it doesn't go... Who cares?!
I know that this last and final tip is in contradiction to my previously mentioned points but at the end of the day, thats exactly what they are... tips. Ergo, you do not need to follow them all strictly. Fashion is fashion and style is style, so you can wear your clothes however you see fit. Just remember to wear your clothes with confidence and wear them because you want to wear them... Not just because a 19yr old from England told you to!


Millie xx

What I was listening to whilst making this post
Giorgio Moroder - First Hand Experience in Second Hand Love



Denim Jacket - ASOS | White Shirt - H&M | Jeans - LEVIS | Tote - AMERICAN APPAREL | Scarf - COS | Heels - ASOS | Earrings - ASOS

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. seriously, those jeans looks good on you.. compliment your whole look <3

    https://monicaptanzil.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit, love the shoes!!

    xx
    Xin

    http://xincerely.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh thanks Xinyi! Glad you liked them babe x

      Delete
  3. love that raw hem!
    xx
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, thanks for sharing :) these are amazing styling tips for denim!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem and I'm happy they helped Camille xx

      Delete
  5. Yes to tip number 4~ Love your shoes here~

    Vivian | LIVE . IN . LOVE

    ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wearing clothes for yourself is always better than wearing clothes for others, glad you agree babe! Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  6. Me encanta el look preciosa!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: PFW STREET STYLE MARCH 2017 | RAINY PARIS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute !!

    http://benemgn.com/how-to-slay-with-no-bae

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the gray and the your socks added such a nice touch !

    I followed through Bloglovin’ so I can find my way back !

    http://www.desiringsme.com/spring-outfits-lookbook/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much babe, it really means a lot!! Also cheers for the Bloglovin follow! <3

      Delete
  9. I'm so excited about the fact that Spring is here as well! We can start wearing lighter pieces, pastel colors, and floral print!

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited about Spring too!! Thanks for stopping by babe x

      Delete
  10. Anonymous29.3.17

    Great tips and LOVE the outfit. The shoes are a fave!!

    xo JenLax | Laxmi Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's AWESOME
    https://comeintoblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked this post Anastacia x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3