how to stop asking why and go with the flow.

August 05, 2016


Recently I've been stressing out, whether it be over exams, (boy troubles) or just general questioning, and I've realised that it has to stop. Stressing doesn't do yourself, or the people around you any good. SO... yes, I/you need to chill the heck out, and just go with the flow.

There are countless ways of de-stressing... and whatever floats your boat, it's probably best to do so, as it's something that will help you to stop worrying. And because I'm neurotic as they come, I've compiled a list of things to carry out in order to refrain from stressing out below.

1. Don't try to guess what someone's thinking
I probably do this day in and day out, and unfortunately it doesn't help me in the slightest. Instead, all it does is make me think of endless scenarios and increase my anxiety levels. So it's probably best to reduce the attempt at mind reading, focus on yourself and deal with whatever the turn out is. If you ever find yourself beginning to 'mind read', just say "STOP!"... Sure you may look weird, but it's better than stressing.

2. Write it down
I truly believe that seeing the negative thoughts that plague your brain written down, can help you to begin to tackle the problems, it also gives you a solid foundation and somewhere to begin. Even if nothing needs to be done to the problem after having written it down, sometimes its just good to vent

3. Spend more time in the present
Try and focus on the present and what you can do to, instead of dwelling on the unchangable past and unpredictable future. One example would be to slow down, rather than focusing on what can happen a week, month or year from now, focus on the present as it will allow you to be more aware of what is happening right now.


Hope I was able to help to keep you on the right track, because evey now and then, eveyone does fall a little bit off track and just needs a little nudge in the right direction.

Millie xx




What I was listening to whilst making this post
Earth, Wind & Fire - Love's Holiday





You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This is inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

    xx

    www.dylanasuarez.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips! #2 is what I love the most!

    xo
    www.foxmystyle.com // Skincare Blog Philippines
    Good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3