5 Things To Do Whilst Commuting

February 03, 2017

Recently I was inspired by a Bloglovin' post (check it out here). It gave advice on different ways to spend your time wisely when commuting, either to work, school, college or university. So, if you're not good with your time, or you just plain need a kick up the butt, then I'd definitely say read ahead.
1. Read a book
I've not always been the biggest fan of reading, however, since starting university, I've recently been reading books whilst taking the train in the mornings. I find it's the perfect way to increase your vocabulary and just distract yourself from the noise around you. It can be a self-help, a fiction or just about anything, but whatever you decide to bring a long, make the most of that alone time.

Books I've recently read are:
- Girl Boss / Sophia Amoruso
- Capture Your Style / Aimee Song
- It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be / Paul Arden.
- Paris Street Style / Isabelle Thomas & Frédérique Veysset (Currently reading)


2. Check emails
Everyone knows that staying up to date with emails is probably one of the hardest tasks any human can come into contact with, so as long as your internet connection persists, checking your emails should be a necessity. There's no better feeling other than seeing no notifications and knowing that no one is waiting for a response.

3. Plan your day/tomorrow
To do lists are the perfect example of  being organised. They give you guidance when you're either confused or overwhelmed with work, so what better time to put your day/week in order, than when you're relaxed and have nothing else to do?


4. Listen to music
Anybody who knows me, knows that music is an extension of my personality, and no advice list would be complete without mentioning it at least once. Music is perfect for getting you in the zone, taking your mind off things, or all around just making you happy. So listening to it whilst commuting is perfect for drowning out background noise. If you cannot find the perfect playlist to listen to, why not check out my most recent playlist post here or just check out my soundcloud here.

5. Watch the scenery
It might seem weird to say, but sometimes detaching yourself from technology is a great feeling. The majority of our world is surrouded around internet connection (ironic, because you're using it right now to reading this) however, not being 'connected' for at least 30 minutes, should provide you with enough solitude to get you ready for the day.

And there we have it, the 5 main things I do whilst commuting x



Millie xx
question: what do you do whilst commuting?



What I was listening to whilst making this post
Lana Del Rey - National Anthem

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Anonymous4.2.17

    Really great tips! I think #4 and #5 are my go-to if I needed something to do while getting to school. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jennifer!! I must admit, I do 4 and 5 the most too! Thanks for stopping by!x

      Delete
  2. Love Girl Boss!!! I still need to get Capture your Style! HAppy Weekend babe!
    Xx Brandi
    www.brandilocks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was such a good read!! And you must, I've never felt so inspired to step my Instagram game up!! Hope you have a great week Brandi x

      Delete
  3. Glad you liked this post babe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tips, I love reading if I'm ever commuting and not driving!

    Caitlin, Beauty & Colour

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these ideas for commuting!

    xx Nicole
    http://toogoldstreet.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All five things in your post are such great things to do to occupy time! I have to sit through long car rides from time to time, and these tips will definitely come in super handy :)

    XO Jessi,
    http://www.mywhitet.com/fashion-week-rebecca-minkoffs-spring-2017-la-runway-show/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jessi!! Glad to see that you'll some of these on board! Thanks for stopping by babe x

      Delete
  7. I read three of those books and i love them a lot!
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such great reads, I'm happy to hear that we have similar tastes, happy you stopped by <3

      Delete
  8. Anonymous15.2.17

    perfect tips! I actually drive to work but I love llistening to podcasts while I drive!


    XO Sahra
    Que Sera Sahra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3