5 Ways to Boost Confidence

August 20, 2015

 
 
Hey guys... something a little different today. I thought I'd give you guys a small list of little things to when you're feeling down or not so confident. So without wasting any time, here's an insight into the small but eventually easy steps that helped me overcome my insecurities and help my self-esteem/confidence. Let's begin....
 
 
1. DON'T COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS
 I have personally overcome this step, and I'm not going to lie, it wasn't easy. I would frequently be scrolling on my feed on Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram etc. and just get myself upset by seeing society's idea of "perfect" and just to be clear, there's no such thing as perfect... Everybody is perfect in their own way!! Which initially made me think that if you stop looking at other peoples "lives" then you'd finally focus on your own. Because most people on the internet only show you what they want you to see. Therefore, meaning that their lives are not perfect either... And they probably have the same insecurities as you.

2. IDENTIFY YOUR INSECURITIES
 For many people this step will be easy... They already know that they dislike their; bums, legs, nose etc. You should be able to ditch those little insecurities and turn them in to positive attributes. If you feel pessimistic towards a body part, you should enhance it. By that I mean, if you don't like your bum, arms, or your forehead for example, you should buy some eye make-up, because it would draw people to your eyes instead, a pair of figure hugging jeans for your bum or a complimenting top for your arms, because if you receive a compliment on something, it makes you want to show it off. Therefore eliminating your insecurity.

 3. IDENTIFY YOUR POSITIVE ASSETS
This might be a hard step, especially if you're a negative person and doesn't see any positive aspects on your body. (I'm pretty sure that everyone reading this something amazing about their bodies :) All you need to do is take time out a realise that there are many amazing things about your body. I mean, me myself I found this step hard... But then I realised that the same aspects that I disliked, for example my bum (due to stretch marks), was the same body part that people were drawn to... Therefore making it a positive asset. So really, all you need to do is think about the body parts that people compliment and then you can start off from there.

 4. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
It's just as simple as saying things like; "I'm good enough" or "I'm important"... these little steps go a LONG way... believe me. If you truly begin to believe in these little pieces of advice you will see a difference. You'll start to see that you wear a smile more, and you find it easier to accept advice, rather than reject it *clears throat* and you'll just overall see a huge change, you'll be happier and you can eventually do more. For example... I never though that I could create a blog of my own... But here I am 2 years later still going strong... sure I'm not no Aimee Song from SongofStyle or Ivania Carpio from LoveAesthetics, but I'm still going, and that's all that matters.

 5. SMILE
A cute and simple step. You can begin either in the mirror or without one. Just every time you start to feel down, just remember to smile and if you do have a mirror handy... smile, you'll eventually feel the power behind an acute facial expression. Even if the smile is a fake one, hopefully it reflects how you should be feeling on the inside, and then eventually that smile won't be fake.


p.s If my 5 ways to boost confidence weren't enough, you can also check out one of my favourite bloggers Gracie Francesca, because she has multiple pieces of advice and ways she started loving herself more.


 Millie xx

What I was listening to whilst making this post
Grimes - Go (ft. Blood Diamonds)
 
 
 


You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. This is a great, inspiring post. I really need to listen to these tips ; I lack confidence in every way.
    Thanks for sharing xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, and thank you. Also you gave no reason to lack confidence, you're really really pretty, great blog btw :) xx

      Delete
  2. Identifying & moving on from insecurities is huge. Once you understand what your insecurities are, you can move forward. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  3. A smile really does help I find - fake or not!

    Annabel ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post! ♥♥♥
    xx, Flora
    http://lapapillonnoire.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it really means a lot :) x

      Delete
  5. Love this post! Super cute and inspiring. Everyone has got insecurities, we all just need to learn to embrace them and love them because that's what makes us, us! Every girl and guy should read this.

    v0gueandtrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Couldn't have said it better myself :) xx

      Delete
  6. Such a nice post! Sometimes it's so hard to be self-confident but these are definitely some tips to follow :)
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/autumnwinter-wishlist.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, I agree... Sometimes I'm still a little unconfident but I just remember to smile!! Thank you so much!!x

      Delete
  7. such a good little post, i need to take all this on board!! x

    jordaneyasmin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and I still need to take some of my own advice too :) x

      Delete
  8. This is such an amazing post! thanks for sharing I needed this post! Do you want to support each other’s blog by following each other?:) Please let me know if you’s like to so I can follow you right back x

    kisses
    http://www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you!! :) and yeah I don't mind, you've been followed x

      Delete
  9. You're adorable. Glad you figured out the secret to happiness at such a young age. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very inspiring post. this post really fill me with positive energy. thanks for sharing it.
    Self Confidence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it means a lot to inspire someone x

      Millie x
      Queenmillie.Blogspot.Com

      Delete
  11. Really good post! I've got to keep this in mind every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've gotta remember it myself all the time x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to comment! <3